What is this madness!? Is it really actually Sunday and I’m posting this? Yes, friends it is. That is because the time for busy and stress in my life is slowly coming to a close. We have been going and going and going for so long (read: 8 months). Ever since my dear hubby and I have been apart and I have been solo parenting, life has felt so darn hectic! Well, with just under a month until we are reunited and things wrapping up with my reading packages, the time for relaxing is near. What does that mean? That means: more time for blogging and content creation for you all, time to read for myself, snuggle sessions and playdates with Addison, date nights with my husband, moving to South Carolina, and much more! Now that you know what’s going on, it’s time for this week’s Reads & Things Sunday!
Reads & Things Sunday
What we’ve been reading and loving this week. Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase anything through my link I will receive a small commission, but at no extra cost to you.
- Hatch by Katie Cox. AJ received this book for Easter from the easter bunny, and really hasn’t stopped loving it since. We did have a brief time where we did not read it, but we are back to it! She enjoys lifting all the flaps and has learned about animals she didn’t previously know, like owls.
- My First Book Of Girl Power by Julie Merberg. My husband picked this book up for Addison while at a trip to NYC. I am so happy we are on the same page about what our family’s intentional bookshelf looks like. This book aligns exactly with what we want to teach our daughter – to be strong and smart and confident. Plus, it incorporates superheroes, so what’s not to love?
- I haven’t had much time to read (I’m still working through Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins) but I have been reading some of my favorite blogs a little more actively lately. Two that stick out are: Rolling Prairie Readers by Melissa Droegemueller and a blog all about minimalism and intentional living by Allie Casazza. I’m trying to be an even more mindful parent, especially as we transition back to our own space and being a whole family of three.
- Addison received this amazing (and super fun) princess-y tent from her great grandparents. It makes an excellent temporary reading space. We love playing hide and seek with it! I laugh because anytime I can’t find her I think to myself, “look in the tent”.
- Speaking of her birthday, AJ’s Blooming Doll finally came in the mail and she loves it! These handmade dolls are super cute and well made, it’s become a little friend of hers.
- I’ve used an extra tote bag from my summer reading packs to keep in our car as a permanent toy and book storage. I like knowing that when we get in the car and go somewhere, I don’t have to worry whether or not I packed toys and books for her entertainment.
- A bonus: we have less than a month until we are reunited with my husband and become a family of three. We have found a home we love and we are putting up all the prayers in hopes that we get it! I’ve felt the Lord calling us towards this home and I just feel that we have endured so much during this time apart that it is time for us to relax and be together in a home as soon as we arrive at our next location. Keep us in your hearts as we hopefully complete this home buying journey soon!