I’m baaack. If you’ve been a life-long lover of Addison Reads, you should be jumping for joy right now! I am bringing back one of my most popular series, “Reads & Things” (although before it was called read and things Sunday but let’s all be real for a minute…what mom can keep up with that?!).
Reads & Things is all about what my family is reading & loving this week that is helping us be intentional and purposeful in our lives. Sometimes I don’t have too much to share but seeing as this is our first Reads & Things in quiiite a long time, I have so much to tell you.
As with all of my blog posts lately, you can enjoy this one in Audio Form as well (I’m a busy mama so I understand the desire to listen instead of read from time to time!) on the Addison Reads Audio Blog Podcast!
You can listen right here in your browser or you can subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts to receive notifications of new episodes and listen in the app.
READS & THINGS #12
What we’ve been reading and loving lately. Disclaimer: this post contains affiliate links. If you choose to purchase anything through my link I will receive a small commission, but at no extra cost to you.
- An ever-popular book series in our home is by the hilarious Bill Cotter. We’ve been reading Don’t Push the Button, Don’t Touch this Book, and Don’t Push the Button A Christmas Adventure almost on repeat every night. In fact, my husband made me switch up our micro library in Addison’s room recently because he just couldn’t handle it anymore! These books are hilarious and interactive, they are short but read together make for a great solid reading session.
- We also picked up the book Gilbert the Great by Jane E. Clarke recently. I was immediately drawn to it because my husband’s name is Gilbert, BUT I did not buy it simply because of that fact (trust me, don’t buy a book just because it has your family member’s name in it…). I read through it at the store and realized that it was teaching about friendship & tackling the emotions that come when a friend moves away. It’s a heartwarming story with a lovely, uplifting ending!
- I also like to share what I have been reading, and I have been in a total groove lately! Over the past month I have read 3 incredible thrillers / mysteries (YAY), Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver, The Woman in the Window by AJ Finn and The Marriage Lie by Kimberly Belle. Not all thrillers are excellent like these three and I seriously enjoyed them all in their own unique ways! I love when a book catches me off guard and and the lack of predictability in each of them was perfection.
- I mentioned in a previous podcast episode & blog post that I was solo parenting for 2 months while my husband was off training. I am happy to report we are DONE with that, hip hip hooray! Now that my hubby is home we will be doing lots of family trips (including a trip to the beach tomorrow) and time spent together having fun. We are implementing a no-phone rule on weekends and at nights, and so far it’s been a great success!
- Because the weather has been absolutely gorgeous here in South Carolina we have been spending lots of time outside. What’s made hanging out in our backyard absolutely perfect has been: Addison’s toddler trampoline, our on the go hammock, lots and lots of bubbles, our easy to clean water table and all the chalk! Seriously nothing is better than grabbing a smoothie and heading outside to relax with a book and my family.
- Speaking of smoothies…I am obsessed with the Ninja blender (this is the package we bought!) we just invested in for the family. Truth be told, we don’t have a lot of kitchen appliances (totally a residual effect from moving so much and getting rid of things over and over again). We’ve decided enough is enough and we need to start investing in good quality kitchen items. So we bought the blender and I have been a smoothie machine! My hubby is home from work, want a smoothie? Addison needs a quick healthy snack, smoothie anyone? It’s so easy and delicious to feel like we are putting good things into our bodies, plus AJ likes watching it spin around!