Hello & Welcome to Addison Reads! You’re in the right place if you want to…
- Read more with your children
- Enjoy the books you read
- Be a better, more present parent
- Learn how to parent with children’s books
- Create a home library that reflects your unique family
If you desire one or more of the above, you are so meant to be here with me.
As parents, we all want our children to be readers (I haven’t met a single parent who doesn’t want that for their kids). So the question is, how do you cultivate a love of reading in their hearts and also teach them and mold them into the best version of themselves?
THE ANSWER: Build an Intentional Bookshelf for your family
If you’re on this page, you’re probably new to my website and so the words “intentional bookshelf” don’t mean much. This is a method I founded that involves finding books based on your unique family’s values and interests. The process is fairly straightforward:
- Identify your values, interests, personalities, etc.
- Create a plan to build your library based around those things (starting with the core and working out)
- Find books that fit the plan
- Adjust as your children grow up and their values, interests and personalities change
I speak mostly to expecting parents or parents with children 5 and under. But really, an Intentional Bookshelf can be started at any age.
Now that you know a little about what I talk about here, it’s your turn to decide what you want to do next, but I’ve provided a suggested order!
gain access to my book recommendation resource which includes books in 25+ topics
to fully understand the method, I highly suggest you read through this quick, actionable book
dig deep into your own family’s library
now that you know what kinds of books you need, read the reviews to find ones you like
Hello, I’m Sam! Blogger here at Addison Reads and founder of The Intentional Bookshelf method of building a home library. Learn more about who I am here.